Instagram^^

Monday, April 5, 2010

Tomb- Sweeping Day + Lightning & Thunderous Night

Wake up early in the morning-->5.30am sharp....
Get packed and started our journey down to Tualang, my grandfather's house.
Unexceptionally, whole Chai's family will have to gather there. No matter where you are living or working, you just have to put down all the things and come back for the tomb- sweeping day. It becomes a non- written law, since my family lay stress on commemoration for the ancestors.

As usual, climb up to the hill, and start to clean their tomb. Haha... actually I'm not that clear who they are (the ancestors>.<)...What I mean is...I always mixed up their tomb...haha..idiot me...But I still pay my respect to them unexceptionally. Few routine steps: clean--> arrange oblatory--> and pay our respect. Repeat the same steps when sweeping the two other tombs. Everything settled around 11am..Exhausted..>.<

Found that the younger generation like us really know nothing about tomb- sweeping. We just know what to follow during that time but not the real meaning..even though we know, we may not really understand the needs and the reasons of doing that... My dad always says...when come to our generation...will us still come to pay respect as they did...Truthfully, I also don't know...Haha..may or may not...maybe come to that age..I will do the same thing...if I start to learn now...haha...

But forget about that, Tomb- sweeping day is still a meaningful day, where we  pay our respect to the ancestors. Without them, we can't be here. They are roots. And as the saying goes,  we must always appreciate their contribution to the family.
__________________________________

End of Tomb- sweeping...
Now, back in Kampar..again...>.<
Is weird at night....continuously lightning and thunder....forced me to shut down my pc and pull out the plug to prevent getting strike by the lightning... I don't hope to see my PC start smoking...haha

I can clearly see the lightning strike down from the sky to the earth through the balcony....The dark sky being lightened up for a few second....Is really near...Is beautiful..magnificent...The color...is.... really hard describe it with my lousy english....But what I can say is really spectacular...Haha...but it makes ah wah screaming non- stop..XD Is noisy..haha...Joking joking....I thought it will rain heavily tonight..but it just end up with a quite and calm night...Still, it is windy..cozy enough to have a good night sleep...^^ Is time to go bed~~

~Nitezz~~Sweet dreamz^^~

No comments: